This position under the direction of the Cibola County Assessor & Chief Deputy Assessor is responsible for the overall directing, planning, coordinating, and supervision of the residential and commercial appraisal functions of real property appraisal and assessments. Ensures that all duties and functions are accomplished according to NM state statutes and applicable regulations (Property Tax Code) in a timely, effective, and progressive manner.
Work is performed in an office environment; occasionally works outside; travel by car to other departments and to training or meetings; continuous contact with the public, other staff, and outside agencies. The work schedule may include evening and weekend hours. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- State Certified Appraiser experience in property appraisal and assessments preferred; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Experience with Tyler Eagle computer assisted mass appraisal system.
- Must have a valid New Mexico driver’s license. For out of state driver’s license, must obtain a valid New Mexico driver’s license within six (6) months of employment.
- Does not have any DWI or DUI within the last five (5) years.
- Must attend and successfully complete any continuing education required to maintain Appraiser certification by the State of New Mexico.
- Effective communication skills and be able to write clearly and informatively, listen and get clarification, respond well to questions.
- Ability to interact professionally with public, property owners, supervisor, subordinates, and other co-workers.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise discretionary judgement and thinking.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screening and physical.
- This position requires residing in Cibola County and the ability to comply with safety guidelines and policies of the County.
Applications may be obtained at the Cibola County Managers Office at 700 E Roosevelt, or the Cibola County Sheriff’s Office at 114 McBride during regular working hours (8:00 am-5:00 PM Monday thru Friday). Position open until filled.
Cibola County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled