The Cibola County Sheriff’s Office is seeking a qualified applicant for the full-time position of Deputy Sheriff.
Salary Range & Benefits
- Salary Range: 24/33; MIN $31,198 - $58,444
- Medical, Dental & Vision Premium's: County pays 90%
- Life Insurance: County provides a $50,000 employee life policy.
- Retirement: PERA Municipal Plan # 5, members are vested after earning five years of PERA credit.
Minimum requirements are as follows:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a High School Diploma or a certificate that is equivalent and is recognized by the NM Public Education Department.
- Must have a valid New Mexico driver’s license.
- Police Certification preferred. Must be able to obtain certification within one (1) year of employment.
- Uncertified must be willing and able to pass a 22-week course at the New Mexico Academy in Santa Fe.
- Must be able to successfully pass a mandatory physical exam, psychological exam and drug screen test.
- Must have no felony convictions (past or present) or be under indictment at the time of application.
- Must be willing to give Cibola County Sheriffs Department at least (2) years of service after completion of Law Enforcement Academy.
Applications may be obtained at the Cibola County Managers Office at 700 E Roosevelt, or the Cibola County Sheriff’s Office at 114 McBride during regular working hours (8:00 am-5:00 PM Monday thru Friday). Position open until filled.
Cibola County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled