Cibola Communities Economic Development Foundation
Eileen Chavez Yarborough
June 1, 2021
Nation’s largest research & manufacturing facility could locate in Grants, NM.
Grants, New Mexico, May 27, 2021 – Cibola Communities Economic Development Foundation (CCEDF) in partnership with Cibola
County, the City of Grants and the Village of Milan are in the discovery phase of learning more about the Bright Green Corporation’s
$300M investment for a high-tech cannabis manufacturing and research facility in Grants, New Mexico.
• Bright Green Corporation was approved to facilitate the production, storage, packaging and distribution of medical research
marijuana by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA). “We don’t do any retail,” CEO Edward Robinson said. “We are not
involved with recreational or adult uses. The crops and plants grown by Bright Green will be strictly for researchers. In
technical terms, we have one customer, the DEA. They take control of anything.”
• The $300 million project will be privately financed with no state funding, Robinson said.
• A new site for construction has been identified by Bright Green Corporation in the City of Grants. Robinson said the
company will start construction later in the year on the first of three “agricultural ecosystems” that he differentiates from
greenhouses because they will have complete environmental control and concrete floors. Bright Green will grow marijuana
to the specifications of researchers.
• The first structure would cover 15 acres, or more than 600,000 square feet, on a 20-acre plot and would be completed in
nine months. Four months into construction of the first building, work would start on a second building on 50 acres and
then a third building, also on 50 acres. Both would take 18 months to build.
• Bright Green Corporation does not have any signed agreements with Cibola County, City of Grants or Village of Milan.
• Water rights have not been explored or discussed with Cibola County, City of Grants or Village of Milan.
• Supply chain jobs are anticipated due to BGC’s need for materials and supplies not currently located in county. An increase
of indirect jobs (retail and service industries) is anticipated as well. Robinson said those operating jobs will “pay quite well”
but didn’t have an exact number to share as of Monday. He added that wages could be determined by levels of experience.
• Bright Green Corporation is a New Mexico Foreign Profit Corporation filed On October 30, 2020. The company's filing status
is listed as Active and its File Number is 5992010.The Registered Agent on file for this company is Registered Agents Inc. and
is located at 530-B Harkle Road Ste 100, Santa Fe, NM 87505. The company's principal address is 1033 George Hanosh Blvd.,
Grants, NM 87020 and its mailing address is 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington, DE 19808.
• The company has 5 principals on record. The principals are Doug Bates, Edward Robinson, Lynn Stockwell, Paul
Mastronardi, and Terry Rafih.
The County, City, Village and CCEDF are pleased to be receiving a high volume of calls related to the BGC project from housing
developers, supply chain businesses, infrastructure, construction and utility companies. Other unrelated businesses have also made
inquiries. We are happy to assist all interested parties with development information.
To the residents of Cibola County, our goal is to keep everyone informed with ongoing developments as we receive them.